We are all aware that one of the body's most important organs is the heart. Blood is pumped throughout your body by the heart, a fist-sized organ. Over the course of an average lifespan, it beats around 2.5 billion times, sending millions of gallons of blood to each and every region of the body. This exercise maintains a constant flow of oxygen, nutrients, hormones, other compounds, and a host of essential cells all over the body and whisks away the metabolic waste products. Despite the never-ending workload, the heart has worked wonders for so long and for so many people. When the heart stops, vital processes stop, some of them nearly immediately.
Heart disease cases are increasing both domestically and internationally. Our fast-paced lifestyle leading to improper dietary habits, lack of exercise and poor stress management has contributed significantly to the upsurge of heart diseases. All these factors adversely affect the well-being of the body and heart.
A healthy lifestyle can greatly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, especially when it is adopted early in life. Heart-harming tendencies, such as excessive blood pressure or high cholesterol, can be stopped in their tracks before they do any harm with lifestyle adjustments and medicine.
Fortunately, Ayurveda, an age-old wellness science rooted in natural treatments, and herbal remedies, holds the key to a healthy and strong heart. Although we are aware of the Ayurvedic stance on commonly used preventative measures like diet and exercise, we will also stray far from this well-known ground. Ayurveda teaches us that healthy organs and tissues are the natural outcome of optimal health—which depends on a robust digestive system, a healthy diet, a supportive lifestyle, a balanced nervous system, as well as mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Apart from this, Ayurveda has also documented a list of cardio-tonic herbs, which is topped by Arjuna.
Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) is one of the quintessential herbs for heart health in the Ayurvedic pharmacopeia. It is an amazing heart tonic and cardioprotective herb. Arjuna is extensively described in traditional Ayurveda medicine as Hridya (Cardiac-tonic) and has been studied for its potential benefits in heart health. Along with strengthening and toning the physical muscles of the heart, this rose-colored tree bark is also known to nourish and uplift the energetic and emotional aspects of the heart. Arjuna benefits in strengthening the cardiac muscles, improving the circulation of coronary artery blood flow, and preventing the heart muscle from ischemic damage. The most popular heart tonic is an Arjuna decoction made with milk.
Numerous bioactive substances found in arjuna, including cardenolide, tannins, flavonoids, triterpenoid saponins, ellagic acid, and gallic acid, have amazing medicinal effects. Arjuna benefits in managing heart diseases as it acts as a cardiotonic and strengthens the heart muscles.
The cardiac muscles and blood vessels are shielded from free radical damage by a number of ingredients, including tannins and glycosides found in arjuna bark. In order to increase blood flow, Arjuna also aids in the dilatation of blood vessels and removes plaque. As a result, it works well to treat cardiac issues like excessive blood pressure, palpitations, and a rapid heartbeat.
Some of the potential benefits of Arjuna in heart diseases include:
- Heart Tonic - Arjuna is believed to strengthen the heart muscles and improve overall heart function.
- Blood Pressure Management - Arjuna bark has the potential to regulate blood pressure. It aids in dilating and relaxing the blood vessels, which helps to keep blood pressure within a normal range. It has been studied for its potential antihypertensive effects, which can be beneficial for individuals with hypertension.
- Cholesterol Control - Some research suggests that Arjuna may help lower LDL cholesterol levels. High LDL cholesterol is a risk factor for heart disease, so this effect could be beneficial.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties - Arjuna has anti-inflammatory properties, which can be important in managing heart diseases as inflammation plays a role in various cardiovascular conditions.
- Antioxidant Effects - The herb is rich in antioxidants, which can protect the heart by reducing oxidative stress and preventing damage to blood vessels.
- Improved Cardiac Function - Arjuna may enhance left ventricular function and overall cardiac output, which can be beneficial for individuals with heart diseases.
Vedistry Arjuna Tablets contains the herbal ingredient, Arjuna, which has been prescribed for centuries by Ayurvedic physicians for heart disorders. It is made with 300 mg of Standardized Arjuna Extracts and 250 mg of Pure Arjuna powder. ‘Fortification’ is done by the Ayurvedic ‘Bhavana’ process of blending them with Arjuna extracts to enhance efficacy. Also, it is Potentiated with Pippali extracts containing Piperine to improve absorption for quick results.
Vedistry Arjuna Tablets strengthen heart muscles and promote overall heart health. It also balances Pitta and Kapha Dosha in the body and is also beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels. This standardized extract of Arjuna and Pippali is an excellent herbal heart tonic that regulates all essential functions of the heart.