Winter is really hard on our body, especially our joints and muscle. Due to cold weather, muscles struggle to contract properly and joints become little stiff. Also there is good chance we will gain some weight, even an extra kg can put an extra pressure on joint structures. Well we can’t avoid or control external weather but we can surely manage pain with the help of following tips_ here we go
- Stay Active, Keep Walking/Running: People generally start joining gym/yoga classes or even Zumba mostly in winter as they feel it’s the right time. Very few people take full advantage of their gym/yoga/Zumba subscriptions. Skipping gym/yoga/Zumba etc doesn’t mean you are going to have painful joints, you may just continue with simple walking or running activity in garden/park. It’s enough to keep your muscles and joint active and warm.
- Avoid Weight gain: Generally, in winter, people have ignited digestive fire leading to eat more than what may be sufficient for their bodies. Even few extra calories per day or an extra bowl of rice or extra roti can put on few kgs in few months of winter. This definitely puts up extra pressure on weight bearing joints like knees and ankles.
- Wear proper clothes: Warm clothes keep us warm which ensure more blood supply to joint parts and muscles in periphery. Cold fingers, toes, feet and ankles give more pain. Use gloves, socks and warm clothes regularly & everywhere you go, even in a car.
- Stay indoors, Stay Warm: As we have mentioned earlier, outside world and weather is not in our control but we can avoid staying out in winter. Stay indoors as it avoids cold extremities. Don’t forget to stay active indoors as it will keep you more warm. Avoid sitting in a one place for long hours. Staying indoor doesn’t mean you stay inactive. Keep moving even if you are indoors.
- Drink water plenty: Keeping our body hydrated is very important. In winter our intake of water is reduced naturally as there is less chance of sweating. But if we neglect to drink water in winter, the dry and cold weather can make our joints more tired and achy. Ensure to take at least 7 to 8 glasses of water & protect yourself from joint pain.
- Choose balanced diet: The importance of healthy diet can never be underestimated, proteins, amino acids, minerals and vitamins all are part of our diet. These nutrients are important for the maintenance or repair of joints from daily wear & tear. Avoid packaged food, processed food & fast food which deprive you from wholesome food and cause nutrient deficiency. Choose food rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to help your body maintain best possible joint condition not just in winter but in all seasons
- Take Supplements: It may not be possible for everyone to choose right food and use it daily in our meals. Such conditions can be overcome with taking supplements which may include herbal and nutraceutical combination. Usually we need anti-inflammatory herbs and joint structure supporting nutraceuticals. Anti-inflammatory ayurvedic herbs like Curcuma longa and Boswellia serrata are one of the best joint pain relieving medicine, can be incorporated as daily supplement to manage joint pain. Glucosamine & Chondroitin sulphate are one of the key nutraceuticals that prevail in joint pain, joint stiffness and tenderness by allowing cartilage healing.
Beyond these tips, one can also rely on safe & ayurvedic herb based analgesic sprays and ointments for instant pain relief. You can refer www.charak.com or www.vedistry.com and search for the product range of GO365 that offers complete joint care kit with local (ointment and sprays) and oral treatment (tablets) with the combination of ayurvedic herbs and nutraceuticals. Safe and Effective ayurvedic pain relief medicine can be used by everyone alike without any risk of acidity, skin irritation, or reduced dose dependent action. Take care of your joints.