The rising temperatures this season can invite various skin and hair problems. Heat and humidity cause sweating that can lead to acne breakouts, skin allergies, fungal infections, hair damage, dandruff and itchy scalp. So, if you are looking for a power herb which can protect your skin and hair this season, what could be better than the bitter Neem?
Neem (Azadirachta indica) also known as Margosa, is an evergreen popular tree native to the Indian subcontinent. The medicinal uses of Neem are well-known since ages. This wonder herb is extremely beneficial not just for your skin and hair but also for your general health and well-being. It contains active constituents like nimbidin, nimbolide and azadirachtin that have some amazing medicinal properties beneficial for skin and hair.
Let’s see a few major benefits of Neem for skin and hair.
- Neem benefits for skin are countless. Neem powder can be mixed with honey and applied on acne, pimples, boils, blackheads and whiteheads. Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, neem helps to kill the harmful acne-causing bacteria and reduce the swelling, redness and pain, thus preventing acne and pimples.
- A decoction or tea made of Neem leaves can work as an excellent antiseptic wash in ulcers and wounds. It not only helps to clean the wounds due to its anti-microbial property, but also promotes their healing.
- A paste of neem leaves or neem oil can be used in skin conditions such as ringworm, eczema, scabies, dermatitis, rashes and other fungal infections. Due to its excellent anti-fungal and anti-bacterial actions, it can prevent flare-ups and relieve itching. You can make the most of Neem benefits for skin by bathing with warm water infused with neem leaves daily.
- Neem is rich in anti-oxidants. You can avail these neem benefits for skin by using it in your face packs to nourish your skin and to protect it from damage. As it is also known to have skin lightening effect to some extent, it can be useful in lightening acne scars, blemishes and darkened elbows.
- Is dandruff and itchy scalp your major concern? Worry not. Here are a few neem benefits for hair. Neem oil or extract of neem leaves can be massaged onto your scalp before hair wash for maintaining a clean and healthy scalp. An important neem benefit for hair is that it helps to fight dandruff and itchy scalp due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Another interesting neem benefit for hair is that it helps to get rid of head lice. Neem seed extract or neem oil when massaged onto the scalp before hair wash not just kills the head lice but also inhibits the hatching of lice eggs. It is extremely beneficial in school children who frequently suffer from an itchy scalp due to head lice.
Neem has been incorporated into moha:’s range of herbal products like moha: Herbal face wash, moha; Herbal Shower Gel, moha; Herbal Soap, moha: Anti-dandruff oil and moha; Herbal Anti-dandruff shampoo due to the miraculous benefits of neem for skin and hair. So, along with a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle, do not forget to protect your skin and hair this season with moha: herbal products infused with neem- a one-stop herbal solution for all your skin and hair problems.