Ayurveda believes in the prevention of disease and has suggested following a disciplined lifestyle to lead a problem-free healthy life. One such important aspect mentioned to keep you healthy and fit is massage. Body massage had once been an essential part of daily routine to promote health and vigour.
It helps improve circulation to the skin, remove toxins and promote sound sleep. Similarly, head massage, foot massage, and facial massage also have essential impact on our health. Different herbal oils can be used for massages to get their unique benefits in a natural way.
Oils to use for massage
Almond oil is rich in fatty acids that help retain moisture. It acts as a natural emollient and makes the skin soft and supple. It is highly nourishing and repairs the affected tissues.
Jojoba oil is rich in Vitamin E and B complex vitamins. It has Anti-inflammatory and healing properties, reduces redness and tones up the skin.
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants. It prevents free radical damage to the skin and also takes care of joints by relieving pain and stiffness
Sesame oil promotes regeneration of healthy skin, has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Coconut oil, Wheat germ oil, apricot kernel oil are also some of the best massage oils.
Benefits of body massage
1. Relaxing- Massage helps to decrease cortisol levels in the body. It promotes feelings of relaxation, improves mood, and reduces stress levels.
2. Reduces Stress – Not only can massage therapy help with psychological stress relief, but also relieve stress and tension on muscles, reduce pain and improve joint health.
3. It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure – Regular massages have been found to reduce blood pressure levels and improve overall cardiac health.
4. It Promotes Muscle Relaxation – Massage promotes circulation to the muscles and help relax muscle tissues. It helps to improve muscle tone and flexibility. Massage allows the body to relax and loosen the muscles made tense due to bad posture and improve posture.
5. It Can Help Strengthen the Body’s Immune System – Studies have shown that regular massage can also boost the body’s immune system and improve its ability to fight with disease-causing agents. Thus massage is certainly recommended to maintain overall general health.
When and how to do body massage:
Massages should be done at least twice a month, preferably before having a bath. Massages should be done with warm oil. Take a sufficient quantity of oil between your palms and gently spread oil all over the body with finger tips applying light pressure. Let it rest on the body for 30 minutes and then take a warm shower.
moha: Rejuvenating massage oil is the best massage oil to get all the above-said benefits. Packed with the goodness of olive, jojoba, evening primrose, sunflower, and almond oil, it gives your skin a natural radiant glow. Best massage oil to calm your mind and body both.