Most of us have struggled with dandruff at some point in time. Those itchy, flaky dead skin cells can be quite a nuisance and also a cause for embarrassment. Scalp skin is unique on the body due to the density of hair follicles and high rate of sebum production. These features make it susceptible to superficial dandruff, parasitic infection and inflammatory conditions like psoriasis or dermatitis. These scalp conditions cause scaling, inflammation, hair loss, and itching of the scalp. Seasonal changes have an impact on dandruff and using a shampoo to clean the scalp helps the process of stopping dandruff transiently and needs care of ayurvedic anti dandruff oil as well. But before we know about the oils, let us know the common causes of dandruff.
Causes of dandruff
- Improper nutrition and intake of fried foods and aerated drinks, fats, sugars, salts,
- chocolates, sea food, Peanuts and lastly dairy products
- Stress, anxiety and tension.
- Frequent use of hair sprays and gels
- Use of mousse, hairspray and instruments such as heated hair straighteners
- Infrequent shampooing of the hair or inadequate rinsing of the scalp can cause dandruff problems
- Cold weather and dry indoor heating.
- Tight fitting hats and scarves.
- Extreme weather, oily skin and use of lotions that contain alcohol may increase the chances of dandruff
- Dry skin & allergies can lead to dandruff
- Infection with a lipophilic yeast, Malassezia over the scalp results in stubborn dandruff which needs some good anti-microbial oil for treatment.
- Scalp issues like seborrheic dermatitis, causes dandruff as well as redness of the scalp.
- Unclean scalp may lead to breeding of microbes causing dandruff.
Treating dandruff, the natural way:
Dandruff does not go away easily but a constant care of scalp helps improve the condition. Here are the best anti dandruff solutions that can be used over scalp for quick relief from dandruff
Vinegar: vinegar is great for giving your freedom from dandruff. Massage a table spoon of apple cider vinegar and keep on the scalp for 15 minutes and rinse it off for a healthy dandruff free scalp.
Curd: Curd is rich anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which is useful to fight dandruff. Natural fatty acids and vitamins, help to nourish and moisturize scalp and hair. The moisturizing effect can tame frizzy hair and reduce hair fall. The soothing effect on scalp helps provide calm from itching.
Hibiscus: Hibiscus flower paste in well known for improving hair growth and reducing premature greying of hair. It also has moisturizing property which soothes dry scalp skin and reduces dandruff and flaky skin.
Neem: Neem oil rich in sulfur and other anti-microbial actives helps to reduce dandruff and itchiness of the scalp. Neem leaves extracts can inhibit the growth of P. ovale fungus, which is the main cause of dandruff and is the best antidandruff ayurvedic oil.
Tea Tree oil: it is a known antifungal and helps to reduce dandruff causing fungus and reduce inflammation. It promotes scalp health and improves new hair growth too
Rosemary: Rosemary is perfect to help you deal with dandruff. it keeps your scalp clear of fungus, which can give way to dandruff. It also helps eliminate excess oil production on the scalp. It keeps the scalp and hair healthy and dandruff free and is the best antidandruff oil for scalp care
A package deal is using moha; anti-dandruff hair oil infused with the goodness of teatree, hibiscus, rosemary and neem oils making it a best antidandruff oil choice to keep your scalp healthy and hair shiny. Coming from the house of Charak, it is formulated by Ayurveda experts, is dermatologically tested for safety of skin and scalp. Choose natural solutions for chronic problems. Improve hair and scalp health with moha: anti dandruff oil.