Are you worried that cough makes it difficult talk or sleep comfortably at night? Then let us try to understand how this cough is caused. There are two types of cough mainly, dry cough and wet cough. Causes for both differ. Cause of dry cough is inflammation in the lining of the throat or chest by a viral or bacterial infection. This infection gives rise to the pain and irritation in the throat and results in dry cough.
Wet cough problem is mostly caused by congestion of chest due to common cold and flu infections, allergens, atmospheric pollutants, smoking, or other condition irritating the oral tissues. It could be a self-limiting condition which eases out within 4 – 5 days without any therapy. It causes uncomfortable symptoms like pain in the throat, hoarseness, difficulty in speaking with added nuisance of sleepless nights because of coughing.
Conventional treatment of cough includes antibiotics and cough syrups. But antibiotics don’t work on viral infections and there is a risk of adverse drug reactions, allergies, secondary fungal and bacterial infections with no benefit. It is justified to use antibiotic to treat a throat inflammation caused by streptococcus bacteria. But in 90% of cough cases virus is the cause and therefore antibiotics are useless. The logical option is to strengthen the defense mechanism of the body.
Some herbal and natural ways are more effective to manage cough problems. These solutions are easy to do at your home. They can be done with simple ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen or in home. Do try out the following 6 tips to soothe your cough problem.
1. Gargle with lukewarm salt water to soothe the throat inflammation and ease the pain. This clears phlegm from the throat and provides relief from cough.
2. Lick a spoonful of honey to speed up healing. Honey gives soothing to irritated throat because of cough. Turmeric with honey and cinnamon is the best ayurvedic remedy for cough and sore throat.
3. Take steam to relieve congestion and oral swelling. This keeps the airways clean to relieve the cough.
4. Sip on herbal tea or a licorice (Mulethi) root tea that fights off the bacterial and viral infection and eases throat soreness and congestion.
5. Drink hot soups to fight off your cold and flu symptoms. Besides soothing the oral swelling, also hot soup replenishes our body with vitamins and minerals to strengthen our body against infections
6. Try the kitchen spices like garlic, ginger, black pepper, turmeric, clove or licorice to heal your sore throat. Powders of these spices can be mixed with honey and licked as an ayurvedic treatment for cough. These spices are known expectorant that loosens and expels excess phlegm. They enhance the body’s defense mechanism to fight against infections, both viral and bacterial.
Kofol Syrup of Charak is an Ayurvedic cough remedy formulated to effectively manage all types of cough, including wet or dry cough. It contains the potential of various potent herbs that helps in heal your throat from soreness and pain, leaving a cooling and soothing effect. Kofol Syrup is an ayurvedic cough syrup that contains potent herbs like Shunthi, Tulsi, Vasa and more, which are anti-inflammatory in nature. They offer a cooling effect to effectively heal and soothe your throat and give relief from the pain caused by excessive coughing.
Charak Pharma also offers KOFOL Sugar Free especially formulated for diabetic patients and health-conscious people. This ayurvedic cough syrup contains blend of herbs that have mucolytic, expectorant, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties. Vasa, Haridra and Kantakari help liquefy mucus. Haridra is anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory. Yashtimadhu helps soothe the irritated mucosa. Pippali is decongestant to suppress cold and cough. KOFOL Sugar Free Syrup effectively relieves cough without any side effects like drowsiness and constipation.